9.1.11

Lark Sparrow

A trip to EPCAL (which if you are a follower of this blog, is quite a familiar location for me) turned up 50% success.  I missed out on the LeConte's Sparrow even with a good deal of patience (I spoke to some birders who were there when I arrived and they said it was just scurrying around there feet along the runway... ah to have been there earlier).  I guess that was foreshadowing though, as I headed nearby to look for the Lark Sparrow and found it quickly (it sticks out well against the Junco's and smaller Chipping Sparrows).  With a little time spent watching it, the bird began feeding on the roadside.. and these are the results.  So, 1 new species and 1 missed - maybe later this week.  

 I was able to use my strategically parked car as a blind for these shots:

 Posing:

 This last shot shows the significant size difference between a Chipping Sparrow and the out of focus Lark Sparrow:

No comments:

Post a Comment